Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the BEST straightener for curly-wavy, big, thick, frizzy, long hair?

Okay, so my sister has a Chi Nano in blue, and I use that sometimes to straighten my hair. I know that the Chi is supposed to be one of the best straighteners, but my problem with it is that it breaks my hair when I use it. A LOT. I hardly ever straighten my hair- I'm talking like 3 times a year. It takes me 2 hours to straighten it (and make it straight straight). I can get it straight in an hour, but it is still big and frizzy. So, I have to go over it again to get it flatter and frizz-less. My hair is huge and I have a lot of it. Anything you can think of that adds extra volume to your hair, I've got it. Thick, big, a lot of hair, curly-wavy, frizzy, long, gets bigger in humidity... you get the picture. I don't want to get my hair permanently straightened because I don't want to expose it to the harmful chemicals. I do not color my hair. Let me know what you think, and mention what you use and what type of hair you have!



What straightener could I use for my hair to minimize the amount of time needed to straighten it, while keeping my hair healthy and not causing breakage, and that will get my hair really straight? Cost doesn't matter too much, I have a lot of babysitting money saved up so if it's worth it, I'll buy it.What is the BEST straightener for curly-wavy, big, thick, frizzy, long hair?
Okay, I'm answering your second questions around products for your curls :-) TRUST ME -- check out www.tightlycurly.com. You're going to love this website.



Teri (the woman who created the site) has AMAZING step-by-step instructions for how to wash, condition, define, and manage curls exactly like yours! Seriously...when you see where she started with her hair and where she is today (lots of before %26amp; after pics on her site), you'll be amazed both at how beautiful her hair is and how simple it is to use her technique once a week. She has perfectly defined curls all of the way down to her waist.



My daughter and I used to struggle with finding the right combination of hair products and styling. Everything seemed to dry her hair out more, make it frizzy, etc. She hated her hair. Once I found this website and started following Teri's technique, people literally started stopping my daughter on the street to comment on how beautiful her hair is. She's so proud of her beautiful curls now and has stopped asking me to straighten it all the time. There is nothing better than seeing my girl feeling good about her natural beauty!



This website has EXCELLENT product advice, most of which is very inexpensive and available in your local drug store. Teri's done her research on the ingredients and will tell you very specifically which ones to use and which to avoid.



I really hope this helps!What is the BEST straightener for curly-wavy, big, thick, frizzy, long hair?
however my hair is nowhere near as curly as Teri's hair... hahah :) my hair usually ends up somewhere between these two hairstyles:

http://www.curly-hair-styles-m/a>

http://www.prom53.com/wp-conte/a>

but much, much bigger.... hahah

Report Abuse


...and frizzier :/

Report Abuse


O.o I meant to say straighteners, not conditioners!

Report Abuse


Hello ,you can get Dark/Pink GHD MK4 styler flat hair straightener iron or blue digital 1 inch CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Straightener iron ,these two are very fit for your hair.Advanced ceramic heaters sense the porosity of the hair to apply and maintain the perfect amount of heat

Infrared heat protects your hair with negative ions, sealing in its natural oils, moisture and color
paul mitchell express ion style 1.0 my BEST friend.i have really curly frizzy long hair like you it used to take me 3 hours to make my hair pin straight with this 15-20 minutes and it pulls through your hair smoothly its just amazing i highly recommend this for you.
Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion

works AMAZING! and dosent damage your hair. its fast to.



1-1/4'; Ceramic Tourmaline plates

Variable temperature settings, 140掳F-450掳F

Dynamic Alignment System prevents damage to hair

All hair lengths and textures

2-year warranty
Hi there,

Not to sound cheap. However, I swear by my Conair ';Wet 2 Straight'; I have tried a lot of the other ones but this one works best for me. It's about 30.00 at any drug store and I use mine on a regular basis. It only takes me about 45 min to straighten all my curly hair.
i have the same problem and i do too have long hair i use an amika Straightener and bed head products %26amp; bed head shampoo and it works fine.
a clean Straightener
yaay first to answer!!! bedhead :)
just get any random cheap straightener from the drugstore. you dont need a fancy one. I have the same hair as you, and what I do is, when I get out of the shower i blow dry my hair. this will make your hair wavy and puffy and maybe some frizz. then just use a heat protectant and go over the waves once or twice depending on the size of the wave slowly. it works really well. it only take 20 minuted at MOST to blow dry it, and 5 to 10 minutes to straighten it. i have medium length hair and it all takes me about 20 minutes total. i have the red wet-dry by conair (do not use it on wet! it doesnt work!)
I Agree, i dislike Chi ALOT.

Everytime i use it, it leaves my end very dry,

and its not bareable so i get a trim.

I use Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium, i get

compliments on my hair all the time, trust me.

It straightens quickly, and for you're curly hair,

you can put the heat settings on the hottest or 2nd to

hottest temperature. Another suggestion is when

showering, right before you get out, rinse you're hair

with cold water. It close the shacks of you're cuticle of

your hair to prevent as much frizz. Avoid putting TOO much

products in you're hair, it slows down the process of

straightening. I hope this helps !

No comments:

Post a Comment