Sunday, January 29, 2012

What is the best straightener for hair?

I have medium thick hair that is naturally wavy and frizzy. I need a straightener to help my hair and get it back to looking healthy and staying straight in any weather condition. I also want my hair to be shiny and smooth.


I have been trying to search up the best straightener and I have finally narrowed it down to either the Conair Steam Straightener or the Solia. I have heard good reviews on both straighteners, but which one would be worth the money paid? Also, do you know a better straightener to recommend for my hair type?





Thanks for the help,


RheaWhat is the best straightener for hair?
Between the two you have narrowed it down to, I would suggest the Solia. I've heard many complaints about Conair straighteners while I've heard nothing but good reviews when it comes to the Solia straightener. My friend actually has the Conair steam straightener and she's always complaining about how it doesn't work as well as she would like it to work.


You mentioned that your hair is naturally wavy and frizzy, my hair type is the same as yours and I have a Sedu straightener. If I could make a suggestion other then the two options you've listed, I would recommend the Sedu. It works wonderfully- I don't have to go over each piece of hair more then twice, once over and it's usually perfectly straight. It also makes my hair shiny and smooth which is always a bonus!


Good luck with your decision, Hope I've helped xWhat is the best straightener for hair?
Between the two you picked, I'd say Solia, for two reasons.





-Solia specializes in more high end straighteners, whereas Conair is more accustomed to making things of lesser quality. I've heard a lot of people complain about the Conair one, even though it's more high end.





-Think of your day to day life. When you straighten, it'll be a HUGE hassle to have to keep refilling that water tray to get your hair straight. Hassle you don't need when you can get the same result with a Solia and some shine spray.
i have exactly the same hair type as you and to make my hair shiny and smooth i use a chi straightener. in my opinion its definitely the best straightener and i have been using my for about three years now. its amazing and you wont be sorry. you will be getting your moneys worth (:





GOOD LUCK!
You can't really go wrong with GHD's, or to be honest, anything that has a top temperature of around 230c, if its much lower than that, stubborn hair will just gradually go back to it's natural condition.
I have never used either of those, i use a 2'; bedhead straightener, i have the same hair type as you. It works great, protects your hair, and leaves it silky smooth.
the chi apparetnly works good but idk


also conair works good


and i just got a new straightener and its cortex


its super good!!
Vidal Sasoon I use the hot tools straightener and I have very thick hair it makes my hair really straight. I think you can get them from Argos.
I've been told Sedu is amazing.
I have very curly hair and when its straight it goes clear down to my butt. I use the hot n silky 1'; tourmaline ceramic ionic flat iron. i LOVE it. Its easy to use, heats up fast, the cord swivels really well so it doesn't shorten the life because of a tangled cord.the controls are located in a place where they dont get bumped while you use them. it goes from 160-440. as everyone else has said, either the solia or something else. conair blows, and refilling a water tray? if you have a lot of hair, stopping over and over could be time consuming. Do you plan on using a blow dryer with the comb to start the straightening process? not a good idea to go from wet to dry with the flat iron. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment