Friday, December 30, 2011

In your opinon, are GHDs the best straighteners?

And why?In your opinon, are GHDs the best straighteners?
Pretty much; I have some and they straighten my tight ringleted hair with one sweep, two for poker straight. I have owned 2 other straighteners- one remington and one babyliss and GHDs beat both hand's down.


But why?


People say it's because the plates are ceramic, but ALL straighteners have ceramic plates so that's not the whole reason. I think it's more to do with the way the plates are made and designed- they are extremely smooth and just glide over your hair, unlike my previous straighteners which snagged my hair. I asked my hairdresser and she mentioned the plates too- that's from a professional.


It's not the heat either, as GHDs are no hotter than others (I've heard people say temperatures from 180-230 degrees and don't know which is true) which is good as more heat often = more damage. Also the plates apparently have a good heat balance with no hot spots, so the middle is no hotter than the outer plate which maybe explains why you only have to run it through your hair once- it all gets covered.


I've heard people say CHIs are as good, or better, and these are really the top 2.


Yes there is a lot of hype about GHDs and people buy them for the brand, but they only started off as a small company and the only reason they are now huge is because of the product no one seems to be able to live up to (except CHI possibly).In your opinon, are GHDs the best straighteners?
yes because they heat up really quickly and u only have to put them through your hair once to straighten it and they dont dry your hair out
No, I personally think Sedu is the best. I don't really know why, but that's what I think. I think it's because of how it left my hair (healthy). =)

No comments:

Post a Comment